What is DHM Course?
The primary objective of the program is to provide eligible candidates with the necessary skills, knowledge, values, and attitudes to occupy key operational positions in the hotel industry.
Students enrolled to Diploma in Hotel Management course are trained in all aspects of hotel operations, with a focus on the key functioning areas, such as hotel operations, concierge, conference management, event planning, and wedding services. Students learn to manage the rooms division of a hotel, how to run conferences and events, how to provide adequate guest services, and how to plan and execute from a supervisory level down to planning the minutiae of events and weddings.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry. Students are trained in various hospitality related services like VIP Services, an organization of food courts, and health expositions for leadership and marketing skill-building.
Diploma in Hotel Management is a 3-year full-time diploma course divided into 6 semesters. The course has been designed to familiarize eligible candidates with the operation of reception, rooms division, and restaurants.
In Diploma in Hotel Management, Fron of the House classes may include cleaning science, banquets and catering, food hygiene, beverage and bar operations, and customer service. Back-of-the-house classes may include financial control and accounting, human resources, marketing, management, and organizational behavior. The program combines class work with internships to acquaint candidates with real-life hospitality skills.
Eligibility for Diploma in Hotel Management
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing Diploma in Hotel Management course are required to fulfill, in order to be eligible:
- Successful qualification of the 10+2 level of education in any stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Diploma in Hotel Management: Career Prospects
Successful professionals in this industry have the option of gainfully working across large hotel chains including the Oberoi hotels, ITC, Taj Group, Hilton Group, etc. There is a huge demand for such professionals in the merchant navy and areas like:
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management, Cafeteria, Club management.
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services, Hospital administration and Catering.
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy, Hotel and Tourism Associations, Forest Lodges.
- Resorts, Guest Houses, Kitchen Management.
- Catering departments of railways, Armed Forces, banks, shipping companies, etc.